How many of you agree that cleaning & organizing is a practice and not a project? Well for those who agree they know it for sure how less complicated life is when things are available at your fingertips. And those who are a roughhouse with their spaces here are
5 simple guidelines to clean and standardize your work stations.
- Less is more: Ever noticed that minimalist workstations always look in order. And that definitely does not mean not keeping essentials at an arm’s reach. What’s important is to keep discarding trash papers, mails, bills etc. Don’t keep broken articles. Make a list monthly of what needs to be replenished. And most important get rid of unused items. You won’t miss them experience speaks.
- Systematic Arrangement: Mixing things is so easy and common and then finding the right thing at right time is a struggle. Arranging of things on your desk and cabinets is convenient and logical at all times. This works well for our almost everything be it Kitchen arrangement, cupboards, wardrobes; in fact, with all daily use items.
- Keep Junk Drawer: This is a savior of all, most of us feel the pressure of getting together small miscellaneous items that are scattered all over our key spaces. They unfortunately don’t fall into any category but still are there for some reason. Ideally its better to kick off unwanted elements routinely. However, some still seem to hold some relevance and are co-existing in our space for that very reason. So, the big question is what do we do with such items. Knock Knock here comes a Junk Drawer to our rescue. I personally feel this one is the most important item in our list. Help us look clean and well behaved.
- Trash Bin: Mr. Bin is my co mate and I can’t do with it. Remember to keep it next or under your desk. So, then it comes handy, whenever you come across any rejected item just toss it in. This helps to keep clutter out on a daily basis. And for better results don’t forget to recycle the bin too.
- Hook Up the cables: Unholy mess is not just around the desk but sometimes on the desk or underneath your desk too. Those tangled wires not only are an obstruction in the working but look untidy too. To avoid wires crawling on your table, get some zip ties, and fix the wires in bundles and then tuck them below the table. One can also use a decorative wooden plank/ shelve on wall that helps showcase utility items or miniatures and below the plank one can stack up wires below the same.
Orderliness is better than perfection.
The idea is not to be perfect but stay oriented as much as possible. Little steps like these can make life relaxed. Just Shop and create your well ordered work stations from the items listed below.